2011年8月29日 星期一

Online Income – The Truth About Making Money Online


Guess what time it is at the moment while I'm writing this. It's just a little bit before 9 a.m. It's a Saturday as well. What sort of crazy person gets up on a Saturday to write articles for their readers? Someone who's serious about having an online income, that's who. This is one element about the truth of making money online: you've got to work hard and work smart at the same time. See, people say that it's about working smart only, but here's my counter argument: does working smart imply that the work isn't hard? It might and that may be why people still expect something for nothing when trying to make money online. What other things might people have misunderstood on their quest for financial freedom online?

1. "Anyone Can Do It"

I don't know about you, but as soon as I see these four words, I bolt as far away as I can from the screen. No, it's not that scary, but it may as well be. These four words have single-handedly accounted for more loss of savings than any other combination of words combined, or at least that's what I think.
Ads by Google
If anyone can do it, why isn't everyone already doing it? If anyone can do it, that implies that there's also a lot of money to go around in doing it when in reality, resources can also be scarce online if you're doing exactly the same thing as everybody else. The truth is, if anybody can do it, nobody is making any real money online except the person selling you that notion.

2. "Takes 10 Minutes A Day"

Another thing which I find always sets off my alarm bells is the belief that a business can be run in minutes a day. Don't get me wrong, this is something I aspire to… as soon as I get enough revenue such that I can delegate more of the menial tasks, that is.

See, it's all about delegation. If a system was so easy to run that all you had to do required only 10 minutes a day, it falls into the "anyone can do it" mentality again, which brings up all of the aforementioned arguments. Like I said earlier, I'm up writing this at a crazy time on a weekend because I don't have that sort of time to spare later in the day. I have to manage my time otherwise I can't run other aspects of my business and have a social life, etc.

3. Revenue vs. Profit

Anything that claims, "earn $50,000 per month!" makes me "x" out of the window immediately. Not only is it scammy, but the very fact of the matter is that the figure is deliberately vague. Is that $50K in profit? If so, how much are you spending in expenses and what upfront costs are there? If it's revenue, how much of it goes to expenses?

Accounting 101 tells you that revenue minus expenses equals profit. Rarely do I see a biz opp that breaks down all the financial activities of an online business to the extent where you can see just how much the business owner is taking back for him or herself.

Online income is just like any other income: it takes time and money before it can help you get back more time and money. If you're willing to spend it properly, you will eventually get it back in multiples.

沒有留言:

Making Money from Google Adsense and Clickbank

Made $3,500 to $25,000 Monthly With Google & Clickbank Using a
Simple Technique

Kindle Fire, Full Color 7" Multi-touch Display